Here are two easy vegetable side dish recipes that went from my imagination to the table in minutes. First, how to turn a cucumber into a fun vegetable side dish in 10 minutes or less while making hardly any mess…
Vegetable Side Dish Recipe; Cukes in Dip
- 1 large English cucumber
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of dill pickle juice
- 4 teaspoons dry dill weed
- Salt & pepper to taste
Wash and thinly slice the cucumber into a bowl. Sprinkle dill weed, salt, and pepper, add sour cream and pickle juice. Then mix until the cucumber slices are well coated. The cukes in dip can be served right away but it’s even better if you chill in the fridge for a while.
Now let’s have some fun dressing up some frozen green and wax beans.
Vegetable Side Dish Recipe; Green & Yellow Bean Extravaganza
- 2 bags of frozen mixed green & yellow beans
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (less if you are not a fellow lover of garlic)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of grated extra old cheddar cheese
- 1/2 a thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup of grated extra old cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Defrost two bags of frozen green beans and thinly slice half of a medium-sized yellow onion. In a large bowl add beans, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Mix together, add the onion slices and mix well again. Put veggies into an oven-safe casserole dish and top with 1/4 cup grated cheddar.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden.
If you have any vegetable side dish recipes you’d like to share with our visitors, please drop me a line. I’d love to post them on the blog.
Take care and remember, kindness is cool. So is shopping local 😉
PPS – Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate it.