As I get ready for the busy upcoming holiday season and then hunker down for the balance of winter, I’ll be posting less frequently on the I Love Cowichan blog.
I’ll be taking a lot of pictures. So you can be pretty sure you’ll be seeing a lot of posts on social media because I’ll be sharing them while I’m out gift shopping locally and joining in on community celebrations.
Like the Downtown Duncan Christmas Kickoff 2019 for Example
Vegan Chilli Soup Recipe
In the meantime, I’ll leave you with the recipe for one of my latest creations … Vegan Chilli Soup. It’s quick, easy to make and perfect for rainy November days.
- 2 teaspoons of grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 package Yves veggie ground round (340 g)
- 1/2 large red pepper diced
- 1/2 large yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 large orange pepper diced
- 1/2 large green pepper diced
- 1 package Sutton Creek Really Good Chilli Blend spices
- 1 can whole kernel peaches & cream corn (341 ml)
- 1 can dark red kidney beans rinsed (540 ml)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (796 ml)
- 10 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of vegetarian faux chicken soup base
In a large pot saute oil, onions, and Yves ground for about 5 minutes. Add diced peppers and continue to saute for 2 or 3 minutes, then add the corn with its juice. Next mix in spices, tomatoes, and kidney beans. Mix thoroughly while adding the water. Stir in the dry soup base. Stir often and simmer until the taste is to your liking. It’s even better the second day.
If you’re in need of a little warmth this winter, check out these other yummy soup recipes on the I Love Cowichan blog.
To all of you who support and encourage me…Thank you! The I Love Cowichan blog would not exist without you.